300 g of wheat flour
150 g butter
5 g of Salt
100 g of water
8 Red or yellow apples
100 g of brown sugar
Vanilla to taste
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon,
50 g butter
Cornstarch, 3 tablespoons
Lemon juice 15 ml
1 egg yolk
Milk, 1 tablespoon
1. You will start preparing the dough: in a bowl, add the flour, 150 g of butter, the water, the salt. Add all these ingredients until you get a homogeneous mass. You can do it by machine or by hand.
2. Divide the dough in two and roll them into balls. Put them in the fridge for an hour
3.Preheat the oven to 180 ºC/356°F
4. Peel and cut the apples into small pieces and mix them with the vanilla, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
5. On the other hand, mix the cornstarch with the lemon juice.
6. In a pan, we melt 50 g of butter over low heat; when it starts to sizzle, add the apples and cook them for fifteen minutes. Add the cornstarch and lemon juice mixture and let it cook for five more minutes.
7. On a floured worktop, roll one of the first balls of dough with a rolling pin until it is a circle that is larger than the size of the mold.
8. Place the dough on the previously greased and floured mold.
Then add the apple filling and stretch the other piece of dough, this time making a small hole in it with a lid like a soft drink.
9. Place the dough on the filling. Mix the egg and milk. With this mixture, you are going to paint the entire mass.
10. Bake for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden.