3 cups of regular flour
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup sugar
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 sticks of unsalted butter
4 to 6 tablespoons of water or milk or coffee
2 16-ounce jars of dulce de leche
1. In a bowl, add the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon powder, and salt and mix well.
2. Add the pieces of butter and mix. Next, add the eggs and 4 tablespoons of water (or milk or coffee), and mix until a lumpy dough forms. If necessary, add the rest of the water one tablespoon at a time.
3. knead the dough gently for 5 min. Form two balls with the dough, flatten them until you have two thick discs. Put them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. After, spread the dough until it is thin but not too much.
5. Cut the dough with a round mold according to the size you want—Reserve the dough. You can separate the discs with wax paper to prevent them from sticking.
6.Place a tablespoon of dulce de leche in the center of each patty. Close the patty and seal the edges with a fork.
Paint one side of the patties with the egg mixture; this will give them a shine when baked.
8. Refrigerate patties for at least 30 minutes before baking. You can keep it in the refrigerator until you want to bake it.
9. Bake empanadas in a preheated 375ºF oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. You can decorate them by sprinkling a little cocoa powder and icing sugar before serving. They can be accompanied with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.